Nothing beats a warm chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven. It makes a bad day good, a good day ever better. Some people like their cookies crispy, I like mine slightly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. This recipe is quick, easy, and oh so delicious.
¾ c. unsalted butter, softened
¾ c. brown sugar
¼ c. granulated sugar (Minus 2 tbs)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch (don’t skip it)
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate – but option to mix it up a little with butterscotch or white chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen.
Try not to eat them all.
Mix it up with oatmeal to make them healthy. Pair it up with a warm glass of milk or a cup of tea.